Saturday, April 29, 2017

012. The Bridge Biker Gang

This is the eighty-ninth submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping Theme Challenge.

12. The Bridge Biker Gang
And here we are with the last theme for the time being. My second time drawing a bike and with slightly better references this time around! :D Don't mind the still present inaccuracies of this bike, I already know and am just too tired and satisfied to try and fidget over it and potentially make the thing look worse (the front tire shield thing, for example). ^_^;;

Anyway, I tried to keep in tune with how the actual gang within the show dressed without doing a carbon copy of Tyra and Chopper's outfits. (In case you're wondering, Tyra and Chopper are the presumed leaders of the gang that you see in the episode; Tyra having the long green hair and Chopper having the tall red hairstyle.) However, I'm sure that looking at their outfits, Ash and Misty barely resemble anything that was worn in the actual episode. XD In fact, I might've gotten his iconic jacket wrong, specifically to do with the yellow trim. I guess for the sake of simplicity, I'll just say that it's an alternate version because he's a part of the bike gang and besides that, he's wearing a white t-shirt underneath instead of his black one. My memory may be the worst thing about me but that doesn't mean it fails me every time. XD (And having just checked; yes, I did get the yellow trim of his jacket wrong. Oh well.)

So, did anyone guess what the easter egg pattern was? My hint was it had something to do with Ash and Misty themselves rather than a little item or something hidden within the pictures. Now, I know maybe some people will want to try and guess and don't want the answer. So, for those of you who feel this way, just skip to the next paragraph. :) The answer is their ages! Yes, so, midway through brainstorming and thumbnailing the drawings for these themes, I noticed that I had a good chronology going on. I felt like I made them very much grown up for Theme #11, teenagers for Theme #13, and then around their original ages for this one. I say 'around' 10 years old instead of actually 10 because as I was drawing it out, I felt like I made their bodies too long, if that makes any sense? Like Misty, for example. I was trying to have her pose naturally without getting too exaggerated but I felt like that resulted in making her torso too long. I dunno. If others can forgive and forget, I guess I can too. So, hopefully, I don't mar the drawing too much for you all with my ramblings. ^_^;;

Well, that's the last of themes for now. I haven't been working on much lately as I've gotten a little lazy in between my real life job and indulging in some movies and shows as of late. It's a definite problem that I have and I hope you all can forgive me for it, even if the wait times can feel inexcusable at this point. However, I absolutely swear by the sun and moon and stars above that this theme challenge will be done by this year! Kanarazu!

Art © Hakui-Kitsune
Ash Ketchum, Misty, & Pikachu © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc, OLM Inc, Pokemon Company & International

No comments:

Post a Comment