Saturday, April 29, 2017

013. The Bridge Biker Gang (Grease Style)

This is the eighty-eighth submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping Theme Challenge.

13. The Bridge Biker Gang (Grease Style)
So, I know that the idea for this theme would've been to put Ash and Misty in the iconic "matching black ensembles" that John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John are known for from Grease but... I feel like it'd be pretty redundant given that Theme #40 has them in those already (albeit they're crossdressing there). So, instead of repeating myself but just doing an outfit swap, I decided to go with Johnny and Sandy's styles from the rest of the movie. Namely, Sandy's 'girl-next-door', brightly colored outfits and Johnny's quintessential high-waist jeans, white t-shirt, and leather jacket. I think it turned out pretty well, all things considered. Though, looking at it now, the shading I did on his jeans didn't come out how I wanted... In fact, I think I made his jeans look kinda plastic-y, don't you think? Ugh, now it's gonna bug me. ~_~;;

Anyway, I'm not sure if anyone will notice it but I tried to have a little pattern consistency thing throughout these 3 themes. Don't worry, it's not some easter egg where you need to scan the whole image to find it. It's actually to do with Ash and Misty themselves. I won't say what it is since it's not that important and if you figure it out, you'll probably just feel a sense of "oh that's nice" with a shrug rather than "oh my gosh!" with a shocked expression. So, I hope you enjoy it, whoever you are. ^_^

(No one mention the jank perspective of the lunch table, I already know and had no patience to change it. ^_^;; ) Well, it's time to move onto the next and last theme of the night (or day, depending)!

Art © Hakui-Kitsune
Ash Ketchum & Misty © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc, OLM Inc, Pokemon Company & International
Grease © Jim Jacobs & Warren Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment