Tuesday, September 8, 2015

My Current State of Affairs

I thought now would be a good time as any to give an update of sorts about my life, seeing as how I haven't posted any artwork in like... what, 5 months? Something like that. Just to let you know, it's nothing happy though there is hope at the end. I just thought I'd let anyone (who were curious enough) know.

So, about a month ago, my father passed away due to the severity of his cancer. He'd been diagnosed with it since Winter last year but had only gone downhill around mid-late July this year. And then he passed away. So, in the month's worth of time since then, my mother and I have been working on paperwork and phonecalls and waiting on deadlines and people to call us back nearly every day. It's been exhausting, to say the least. Now, I know from the sound of it, it seems like my dad just didn't think about making a will or anything but that isn't the case. It's just that insurance companies are very stringent on their money. It's all very annoying headache-inducing stuff. Aside from that, my sister had come for a 2-month visit this past summer due to our dad's health and had only left a week after he had passed. And that's not even including all the emotions that I've been wading through since he passed.

Now, I know the question on anyone's mind is, 'how does this relate to your drawings and so forth?' Well, it's very simple. I lost my mojo to draw. I had no inkling to pick up a pencil or look at my sketchbooks, let alone actually try and make something. Hell, I've barely played any of my video games in the last month. It's basically the reason why my Gaia Online shops haven't changed from hiatus. And the reason why I have no new Pokéshipping themes to share.

However, that isn't to say that I've given up entirely. Recently, I've been doodling a couple of characters that have sort of overtaken my heart. It's completely unrelated to Pokémon and the only way you'll figure out who is if you look at my favorites here or check my Tumblr. I've been trying to get used to drawing them since their appearance is based on live actors rather than stylized cartoons. (Not to mention I love them to death and back.) But, that doesn't mean I won't draw my other stuff anymore. I just need time. So, please wait for me, if you wish. I'm not 100% yet but I'm getting there. Maybe someday before the end of this year, I'll have something. Not sure what or who or when but I'm hoping to have something. Thanks for understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment