Tuesday, October 7, 2014

006. Hoenn Outfits




This is my fifty-fourth submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping Theme Challenge.

6. Hoenn Outfits
Whilst being in a haze of sleepiness (despite having around a full 7-8 hour rest) and surrounded by a bunch of distracting noise, I come to you with my next addition to this Pokeshipping Theme Challenge! By this point, the lapses between posts are probably expected by all of you, right? Because I know I'm not surprised that it's been nearly 3 months since I posted anything. ^_^;; Well, to be honest, it feels like it's been longer than 2 and 1/2 months. I guess it's because the seasons have changed and when I last posted, the sun was strong and I had just had my birthday around 2 weeks prior. Also, some changes that have recently occurred weren't even an actual conscious possibility to me about 3 months ago. However, that is a discussion left for a different time (that may never actually be talked about because I may forget and think no one would be interested).

Anyway, let's talk about this theme, yeah? First things first, I know there are some inaccuracies with Misty's bag. Personally, I didn't remember when exactly she changed from her original basic red bag to the spheal bag but it was apparently between her 2-part reappearance in Hoenn and her 2-part special appearance at the start of Battle Frontier. As far as my minimalistic research says. So, don't try and pinpoint exactly when this kind of interaction would take place. I don't know (I mean, Togepi is still unevolved and with Misty but she has her spheal bag? Continuity knot there, Hak-Ki!). And yes, I know I made inaccuracies with the spheal bag. Her straps are supposed to be orange and not dark grey. And the spheal itself has odd proportions to the official art. ... I'll just go hang my head in shame now. >_>;;

(Also, if you're wondering about the quality of the paper, lineart, and/or whatever, I can explain. My crappy copier kept copying crappily. So, this was the best I got. I tried my best with getting rid of the specks - especially around the faces - but because I colored with markers instead of digital coloring, I could only fix so much. So, try to throw your tomatoes not too hard, okay? ^_^;;)

So, um, yeah, I had to take a moment are re-read what I wrote for the "Kanto Outfits" theme, and I guess I should talk a little about Ash and Misty's interactions during Hoenn to Battle Frontier, yeah? Well, to say the least, they definitely matured from the constant bickering and temper flaring. However, there was still some definite playful and combative banter between the two. It was very much in the tune of two close old friends who just knew each other so well. Like, when Ash tried to take charge of Misty's Togepi Festival invitation and she just pinched his hood to yank him back? I love those interactions they have. However, I can still imagine that when both their patience have been run dry and they're in a bad situation that was basically the fault of both parties, that they would hash out the tempers they threw at each other back in the day. XD Ah, such nostalgia. (Don't mind me as I go off into my own world~)

Anyway, I think that's about all I have to talk about for this theme. (Apologies for the length.) Next theme, if I can motivate myself enough, should be the endcap for a certain batch of themes I've been wanting to see done for some time now. I just have to complete the other 2/3! Wish me luck! ^_^;;;;


Art © Yours Truly, Hakui-Kitsune
Ash Ketchum, Misty, & Pikachu © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc., OLM Inc., The Pokemon Company (& International), & Pokemon USA
Pokeshipping 100 Theme Challenge © looneytunerian

No comments:

Post a Comment