Sunday, October 12, 2014

007. Sinnoh Outfits

This is my fifty-sixth submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping Theme Challenge.

7. Sinnoh Outfits
So, while I was working on my last tutorial, I took some breaks in between with this little piece. It's a pretty friggin' simple work that I had actually drawn up with Theme #6. The only reason why this wasn't released at exactly the same time was mostly due to the coloring processes. Since I decided to sort of tackle the coloring for each outfit themes differently back when I first made Theme #5, I decided to follow through with what I said & mentally noted. And this was the result!

Now, I know Misty never showed up in the DP season (only a mention with a shot of the lure she gave to Ash) but I'm pretty sure the point of this theme was to imagine what her choice of clothing would've been like had she shown up for some special 2-part episode or whatever. Personally, I imagined her to keep to her tomboy routine & not wear dresses or skirts when travelling. Also, since Sinnoh is hinted at being a colder region than the others (in the games mostly & the fact that it's based on Hokkaido), I thought it'd make sense to put Misty in capri pants rather than the short shorts she wore for her other outfits. And obviously, I kept to Misty's original clothing colors. It just made sense to do so.


Anyway, as for Misty and Ash's relationship progress, I'd say it would've stayed exactly where it was when they met up in Hoenn. It's not a relationship that needs any improvement or fixing, even if these two will never get together in the anime. They are already so close and so natural with each other that it's really kinda perfect the way they are now. Just the idea that they still keep in touch and talk to each other about things makes me happy, though I'd love to see some of it on-screen for once (*coughwritersgetonthatcough*). I think one of my favorite parts, though, is Misty and Pikachu's interactions. The fact that Pikachu loves her so much gives just this clear image that if Misty and Ash ever got together when they're older, Pikachu would be that equal level addition to the relationship. And that's just awesome.


(Anyone who can guess what pokemon Misty's backpack is based on gets an e-cookie. ;3)

Art © Yours Truly, Hakui-Kitsune
Ash, Misty, & Pikachu (and the backpack pokemon) © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc., OLM Inc., The Pokemon Company (& International), & Pokemon USA
Pokeshipping 100 Theme Challenge © looneytunerian

No comments:

Post a Comment