Saturday, October 27, 2018

089. Date on Route 25

This is the ninety-third submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping Theme Challenge.

89. Date on Route 25
Sorry for going MIA again. ^_^;; The first half of the year, I completely lost all desire to pick up a pencil and draw. I can't explain it much more than that as I didn't even know where it came from or why it came to stay for so long. However, just a couple months ago, I regained the passion once again and have gotten back into the swing of things. I was hoping to finally finish this theme challenge this year, but it turns out my brain had other plans. So, quite possibly, you won't be seeing the last theme of 100-piece set until sometime next year. I'm honestly a bit disappointed in myself for failing at my own goals, regardless of the fact that I never set them in stone or anything. ^_^;;

But let's move onto happier things, yes? So, coming up ideas for this theme was partially difficult in that I wanted to depict Route 25 as close to the original game design as possible while also taking influence from real world nature. I looked up lakes near cliffsides, sketched down rough doodles of what I found, and tried to figure out what I could do with this theme.

At first, I really wanted to focus on the layout of what real-world-ish Route 25 would look like but that made it hard for me to find a good place to put Ash and Misty (and Pikachu). And when I focused the viewpoint on just them, that left the scenery of Route 25 by the wayside. Then, there was also the fact that I'm still not confident enough in myself to draw scenery like how I visualize in my head. Not to mention all the shading and detail that would go into drawing my idea of Route 25.

That's when I remembered that the anime actually had Route 25 appear for at least an episode and realized that I had (and wanted) to keep with continuity. So, I skimmed through screenshots of the very episode with Bill's Lighthouse and decided that my art for this theme is what you see above.

Ash and Misty are supposed to be older but by how many years, I can't say. (I just know it has to be quite a few in order for Misty's hair to be that long.) They're having fun, enjoying the sight and the weather, and maybe they might even make a visit to Bill if they so choose? Why is Ash taking a picture? Who knows. Maybe it's a special day or maybe he just felt like it... Or maybe it's something else entirely. Either way, the shot is sure to come out well. So long as Ash doesn't slip one of his fingers over the lens~ XP

Anyway, that's all I have to say for now. I don't know when I'll be posting another theme, but I hope it'll be sooner rather than later. I won't make any promises, though. ^_^;;

Art © Hakui-Kitsune
Misty, Pikachu, & Route 25 © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc, OLM Inc, Pokemon Company & International

No comments:

Post a Comment