Thursday, April 4, 2019

072. PokeGear Call


This is the ninety-seventh submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping Theme Challenge.

72. PokeGear Call
So, I wasn't sure what to do with this theme (suprising, I know) for the longest time. At first, I had this sketch I'd done years ago where Ash was stuck on the phone with Prof. Oak and Misty was waiting by her pokégear with a sulking face. Then, I drew a full body of Misty just sitting with her azurill, again sulking. And then I came up with this.

It's not amazing, it's not revolutionary, it's pretty minimalist when you look at it, but it's not the worst. I think I went with it because I didn't like how the first two sketches came out and I wanted something a little more happy. Also, I really need to work on my side profiles. (Oh god I just realized how disproportionate the anatomy is if you compare Misty and Ash aaAAA)

You can see that in my efforts to try and spice this piece up, I went with overlaying colors, bokeh, and wisps of pink lines... Whether they work is up to you! 8D I really have nothing much else to say about this. I had, like, the worst time with making the hands look right. I apparently don't know how phones are held. (What is Pikachu even looking at if Misty is talking with her pokégear?) Just, so much self doubt and deprecation laying with this piece. So, I'll just stop here and we'll move on. Shall we?

Art © Hakui-Kitsune
Ash Ketchum, Misty, & Pikachu © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc, OLM Inc, Pokemon Company & International

No comments:

Post a Comment