Sunday, June 9, 2013

016. Team Rocket Outfits (Jessie & James)

This is the thirty-sixth submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping 100 Theme Challenge.

16. Team Rocket Outfits (Jessie & James)
So, I immediately decided to draw this theme in black & white pencil style since I don't necessarily need color to differentiate between the grunt uniforms and our anti-heroes' uniforms. Also, I really wanted to do more themes with purely pencil. XD Just looking back at a lot of the other themes, I think I've been doing full digital color too much. Maybe I'll try doing more traditional marker coloring along with pencil art, too.

Also, decided to add gradient overlay because it was a little too boring when it was plain pencil. (Also, adjusting the black and white levels turns the white yellow. Ugh.)

And if you're wondering what Pikachu and Azurill are saying, it's their Japanese names in Katakana. So, basically, "Pi~ka~" and "A~zurill" with little skulls at the ends to represent a feeling of, 'We are evil now and will hurt you because we're a part of Team Rocket, mwahaha!' Mediocre stuff, really. ^_^;;

Art © Yours Truly, Hakui-Kitsune
Ash Ketchum, Misty, Pikachu, Azurill, & Team Rocket outfits © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc., OLM Inc., The Pokemon Company (& International), & Pokemon USA

No comments:

Post a Comment