Sunday, June 9, 2013

050. Cosplay Time! Disney's The Princess and the Frog

This is the thirty-fifth submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping 100 Theme Challenge.
 
50. Cosplay Time! Disney's The Princess and the Frog
I think almost immediately I wanted to draw Misty as a Politoed for this cosplay theme. XD And before you ask, this had been all nice and decided before the reveal of Froakie for Gen VI (Pokemon XY). I just couldn't actually work on this theme until recently. ^_^;; And to be honest, the bayou wedding dress that Tiana wore at the end of the movie gave me a little trouble when I was doing the lineart and coloring it. Not enough good references on the 'Net, I swear. D:

So, hey, for once it isn't Ash who is all curmudgeon-y! XD He's actually got a good feeling going on, though it's at Misty's expense. XP Speaking of Misty, I wanted to go a little farther with her looks melding with Politoed, but then I stopped myself and thought about Ash when he was a Pikachu. I decided against the former thought once I realized that the show didn't push too far the boundaries of Ash's looks melding with Pikachu. In which all that Misty got in the end was a side-antennae and her green-blue eye color.

I was also pretty uninspired with the background. I couldn't really think of anything original and I didn't have the energy to try and recreate the bayou that Tiana and Naveen were married in. So, enjoy some shoddy stock background of a blue sky and matching lake! All crappily drawn by hand in Photoshop! 8D

Also, if the dimensions of Politoed are too big compared to Ash's size, just blame the fact that I couldn't find any good reference shots of Politoed standing next to Ash/Misty. So, all around, this theme was surrounded by bad references! At least it has a pattern. 8D

Art © Yours Truly, Hakui-Kitsune
Bayou Wedding Dress © Disney
Ash Ketchum, Misty, & Politoed © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc., OLM Inc., The Pokemon Company (& International), & Pokemon USA

No comments:

Post a Comment