Wednesday, November 14, 2012

005. Kanto Outfits



This is the thirtieth submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping 100 Theme Challenge.
5. Kanto Outfits
I decided to draw this theme (and the subsequent ones for #6-7) in tribute to the TV seasons they're from, but I also decided to add a little difference to each one. ;) This theme is in monochrome as a reference to Gen. I (Pokemon Red & Blue/Green). If you can remember (those of you at least around the age of 20 something anyway), Red & Blue/Green were not in color; by which I mean full color like Gen. III (Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald) and later gens. :3 I had originally colored it with my Prismacolor colored pencils, but then I got the idea to have it colored like the original games. So, I had to go into Corel Painter and change the hue. XD Oh well, it's not like I spent too much time coloring this theme.

Now, I would've added in Pikachu and Brock to this since they were always around to try and break up Ash & Misty's arguments, but I think I decided against it for simplicity's sake. (Also, I'm a big, fat lazy couch potato who kinda forgot about making that addition. XD)

Also, these outfit themes are going to represent Ash & Misty's main interactions throughout each season they're in. And of course, what would Kanto season have been without these 2 kids arguing up a storm?! XD I remember as a kid that I really liked watching them go at it because their banter was always fun and you could understand where both were coming from. The chemistry was great, and was even moreso with Brock and Pikachu. (Togepi didn't add much, so that little chirping omlette is optional. XP) Aw man, now I wanna watch the first season again. D:

Art © Yours Truly, Hakui-Kitsune
Misty & Ash © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc., OLM Inc., The Pokemon Company (& International), & Pokemon USA
Pokeshipping 100 Theme Challenge © looneytunerian

No comments:

Post a Comment