Wednesday, November 14, 2012

040. Cosplay Time! Grease the Musical




This is the twenty-ninth submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping 100 Theme Challenge.

40. Cosplay Time! Grease the Musical
I've been having a good luck streak with these themes this month! Only been a week since my last post! Whoohoohoo! :D So yeah, I'm a little happy with myself but that's kind of a non-issue. XD

About the actual theme, I had some fun putting Ash & Misty in the signature Grease outfits of Danny & Sandy. ;) I tried to get Sandy's body-hugging pants as tight as I could on Ash without treading into uncomfortable territory (for me); so if it's not as tight as it's supposed to look like, blame my sense of shame. XD

I think my favorite part of drawing this was the posing, especially Misty's. I don't practice enough with kneeling poses, so it works out that the reference picture I used had Danny kneeling. Oh yeah, I used a reference for this. It was actually for Grease the Musical and had this hot neon pink background with the logo behind the main characters. Here is what it looks like. I changed the poses around a little, though, to better fit Ash & Misty's moods. I doubt that Ash would ever feel that comfortable or confident to pull off that posing, and Misty is more perturbed with Ash to actually care about her posing either. So, it's a parody! I think. 8B

Art © Yours Truly, Hakui-Kitsune
Misty & Ash © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc., OLM Inc., The Pokemon Company (& International), & Pokemon USA
Heart Brushes © sanami276
Grease © Jim Jacobs & Warren Casey
Pokeshipping 100 Theme Challenge © looneytunerian

No comments:

Post a Comment