Wednesday, November 14, 2012

087. Hug




This is the thirty-first submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping 100 Theme Challenge.

87. Hug
It was nice to work with my Copic markers again for a theme. :3 They always come out nice and smooth with no color streaks (unless it's a big color area that can't be colored quick enough before the ink dries). XD I had to remember how I color in my blushes for this since it's been a while from my last attempt (usually with Gaia Online freebies). XD Hopefully, Misty's red face looks convincing for y'all.

Also, I hope the posing doesn't look too awkward with this theme. I still need a lot of work on my shoe perspective. ^_^;; Haven't gotten it right and probably should take some photo reference to learn how to do it correctly (when I'm not feeling lazy XP). And if anyone asks why Ash is wearing 'daddy jeans', I'll just tell them that I don't consider high-waist jeans to be unfashionable. I'd rather have a person have their jeans hide all their underwear than under half. Also, it may be kind of a nostalgia thing since I really love the fashion in 1990s slice of life manga (like Maison Ikkoku). XP

Tangent aside, I don't know when this theme is supposed to take place. Ash doesn't look 10 years old, but he's got his old Kanto shoes on and yet has his Unova gloves on too. XD I colored his clothes on a whim, honestly, so you can guess whenever this takes place. Maybe it's a near future in an AU, like if Ash & Misty were in their mid-teens. Whatever will float your boat. XP (The bigger question is: Why do I always draw Ash either oblivious or confused? I really think it's my favorite expression to default upon. XD)

Art © Yours Truly, Hakui-Kitsune
Misty & Ash © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc., OLM Inc., The Pokemon Company (& International), & Pokemon USA
Pokeshipping 100 Theme Challenge © looneytunerian

No comments:

Post a Comment