Friday, October 9, 2015

041. Evil Ash



This is the sixty-fourth submission at my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping Theme Challenge.

41. Evil Ash
Yes, I know, I probably look like I'm whizzing through themes like Kleenex through flu season. ^_^;; But at least none of you get the losing hand in this situation (as for me, I'm not entirely sure if I will either). ^_^

Anyway, so, I've been sitting on these 'evil' themes for a while now, trying to figure out what exactly to do with them. At first, I thought that maybe have something like AU!Ash and Misty where they're clear-minded but just 'evil'. And then I tried to draw that and it just came out unsatisfying (which, just to let you know, was actually some years ago). Then I thought, 'evil possession'? And then I just left the themes alone for a while until these past few days where I realized that that idea made the most sense. I mean, we have an actual episode all about it for heaven's sake! And I'd say it was kind of a fan favorite since it explored the idea of Ash being 'evil'. It was cool to say the least. So, if you look at the pokéball in his hand right there, you might recognize it if you've watched the episode. ;)

Also, I hope the 'dark miasma/evil possession aura' looks alright. I knew I wasn't going to be able to make it work if I used traditional tools, and you can't endlessly undo any mistakes you make if you go pure traditional. You could say I use digital as a crutch. ^_^;; And you would not get argued with.

Regardless! Onto the next theme! :D

Art © Hakui-Kitsune
Ash Ketchum & Pikachu © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, GameFreak Inc, OLM Inc, The Pokémon Company (& International), & Pokémon USA

No comments:

Post a Comment