Sunday, October 18, 2015

057. Looney Tunes Style

This is the sixty-ninth submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping Theme Challenge.

57. Looney Tunes Style
So, technically this isn't "Looney Tunes" style as I put a clear "Tiny Toons" in the background. ^_^;; However, I'd like to put it with my claim that both are owned by Warner Bros. and are generally the same style, just that one deals with cartoon characters of smaller stature. My reason being for why I chose Tiny Toons over Looney Tunes is because Ash & Misty are kids and would be better represented in the Babs & Buster height than full Bugs & Lola. I knew, it looks and reads pedantic to have a full paragraph dedicated to something so insignificant but I know there's probably someone out there who would point out that I went with the 1990's TV series instead of the 1930-1969 TV(?) series. So, there you go. ^_^;;

Anyway, this is supposed to be an adaptation of the episode "Princess vs Princess" where Misty battles against Jessie (& a multitude of other girls) for a full Japanese doll set for Girls' Day. If you can recall, at the beginning of the episode, Misty was super excited about the contest prize. Ash, however, mistook her excitement to be about the hot idol guy instead of the doll set. So, for this one, I drew Misty lovingly daydreaming about her own set of dolls while Ash stands there silently irked, thinking she wants for something (or rather someone) else. ;) Pretty simple, right?

Oh yeah, and if you're wondering why Pikachu looks rabbit-ish (and thus looking too similar to the kids), don't think too hard about it. I just couldn't really decide on what to do with him besides drawing him like that. I mean, he is rabbit-ish in looks anyway, right? Long ears, fluffy body, etc. Seemed like an easy choice. :)

Art © Hakui-Kitsune
Ash Ketchum, Misty, & Pikachu © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc., OLM Inc., The Pokemon Company (& International), & Pokemon USA
Looney Tunes Style © Warner Bros.

1 comment:

  1. Looney toons only remind me of the time I came from school and watched it for hours. Also, one of my birthday themes was looney toons. It was fun, I became Tweety (he-he). Now, I watch series by Andy Yeatman with my kids and I am sure they are going to cherish these moments in future.

    ReplyDelete