Sunday, October 18, 2015

092. GONE CRAZY!


This is the sixty-seventh submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping Theme Challenge.

92. GONE CRAZY!
(Definitely a phoned-in background here, though it might not look it to some.)

So, I wasn't entirely sure how to take this theme because I thought, "am I supposed to put them in straitjackets or something?" and I didn't feel entirely comfortable with that idea. So, it sat on the backburner for... years? Yeah, let's go with years. (What with having started this theme challenge back in 2011.) And every time I would come back to it, I'd still meet the conundrum of what to draw for it.

Then, just this past week, a thought popped into my head. Remember Charmander's episode from the Kanto season? And right at the beginning there's this great bit where Misty goes nuts over the fact that they're lost and kicks Brock in the face because he made her think a bug was crawling on her leg? Yeah. In that bit, she literally says, "I'm going crazy!" in a tone that totally matches capslock. XD And thus came this drawing. It was perfect! I was so pleased with myself! And don't let the past tense use fool you, I'm still quite pleased and I still think it's perfect. (Hell, I even added Chubby!Pikachu as a nod to the original season. :D)

So, hope you enjoy. :3

Art © Hakui-Kitsune
Ash Ketchum, Misty, & Pikachu © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc., OLM Inc., The Pokemon Company (& International), & Pokemon USA

No comments:

Post a Comment