Sunday, October 18, 2015

058. Disney Style

This is the seventieth submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping Theme Challenge.

58. Disney Style
(What do you mean it's a cop-out for a Disney style??) No yeah, it probably doesn't look much at all like a Disney style. However, that's because I went with the drawn style of "Rescuers Down Under" instead of something like "The Little Mermaid" or "Beauty and the Beast." ^_^;; Specifically for Ash and Misty because... well, they're kids. As in prepubescent kids. The ages of the more well-known, prolific characters from Disney's roster are all 15-20 years of age. Which, y'know, isn't the age of Ash and Misty in the show. Maybe if I were drawing them as teenagers, then I'd use a more easily identifiable art style from one of Disney's more beloved classics. ^_^;;

Anyway, hope you appreciate the look of it regardless! The background came out a lot easier than I expected (which is to say, I always believe I'll be fighting with backgrounds until the day I die) but that might've been due to its simplicity in the screenshot itself. ^_^;; I'd just like to note that none of the background is copy-pasted. All of it is 100% drawn and colored from my own hand. Pull up a reference shot if you must, but I stand by my claim. :) (Not that I believe anyone will fight me on it but you never know...)

Personally, I still hate how those lanterns came out. I don't think I did the glow just right but I have no idea how to improve them without making it worse. Ah well, qué será, será. ^_^;;

Art © Hakui-Kitsune
Ash Ketchum, Misty, & Pikachu © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc., OLM Inc., The Pokemon Company (& International), & Pokemon USA
Disney Style © Walt Disney, The Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney Studios, & Walt Disney Animation Studios
Star Brush © KeepWaiting

No comments:

Post a Comment