Sunday, October 18, 2015

090. Cosplay Time! Joey & Mai from Yu-Gi-Oh!


This is my seventy-first submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping Theme Challenge.

90. Cosplay Time! Joey and Mai from Yu-Gi-Oh!
So, I knew from even the earliest of stages with this theme that I wanted to draw more than just the full cosplay of them. I wanted to show bits and pieces of the process because this was the last Cosplay Time theme and therefore had to be a little special. And funnily enough, the segments shown are pretty much the same from when I first brainstormed. Rarely does that happen, mind you. So, yay! :D

(Y'know, for a split second while sketching this up, I actually thought about dressing Pikachu and Azurill up as Mai and Joey's signature cards from the series. So, Harpie Lady & Red Eyes Black Dragon? But I immediately scrapped the idea because I wasn't sure how it would work out. Not to mention, I kind of intimidated myself with the notion. So, enjoy that image in your head. ;P)

As for the segments chosen, I hope majority of you guys like them. ^_^;; I know the water balloons are questionable (and just there for comedy's sake, in fact) but I think the rest are similar to real life cosplay. You have to research your character, choose a costume, sometimes make it by hand, style your wig, cover yourself in make-up, have a friend help you get into your costume, and then finalize the last minute details. It's a lot of work and not easy. Which is why I applaud each and every cosplayer out there who is willing to go through that process for every new character choice. I know for certain I do not have the patience nor the skill to dress myself up for cosplay. I hate being overheated as it is. ^_^;;

Now, there's not much else I really have to say about this theme besides, "Hey, Ash! Looks like you can finally give your legs a break. No more heeled shoes! Isn't that swell? 8D" He never learned how to properly stand in any sort of heels. Despite all the gosh darn practice. XD But it's whatever. Here's hoping the scalded hand was worth it. I know I'd have thrown in the towel if I hurt my hand with a super hot curling iron. D8

Oh yeah, if you're wondering what Misty's grey tank top is, it's a compression tank. It's so she can crossplay easier. (You can use them for that, right?)

Art © Hakui-Kitsune
Ash Ketchum, Misty, Pikachu, & Azurill © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, GameFreak Inc, OLM Inc, The Pokémon Company (& International), & Pokémon USA
Joey Wheeler (Katsuya Jonouchi) & Mai Valentine (Mai Kujaku) © Kazuki Takahashi, Shueisha, & Toei Animation

No comments:

Post a Comment