Friday, October 9, 2015

042. Evil Misty



This is the sixty-sixth submission at my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping Theme Challenge.

42. Evil Misty
Y'know, I'm gonna be honest. I tend to work on stuff in succession if they're matching. I'm not sure why I do it but I think it's just because of my mindset. Which likes to get things done in one go if they're similar or can be categorized into a set. Thus, that is why you have moments like this where I have completed themes numerically. ^_^;; I know it's not a problem but I always wonder if I'm breaking a condition or a code of conduct when I do it like this. Like, isn't the point of theme challenges is to just go by inspiration rather than in order? Does it matter? Probably not.

Moving on from my confessional tangent, I guess I could talk about the idea for this theme. Well, for starters, it's obviously supposed to match with Ash's. We still got that ominous pokéball that's possessing its holder as well as the appearing pokémon. Still got the 'dark miasma/evil possession aura' surrounding theme. And still got the red, glowing eyes. I think the reason I decided to go with Misty's look from AG along with Togetic is just because I drew Ash in his AG outfit. XD (Despite now realizing that the possession episode happened with Brandon, a Frontier Brain, who appeared in the season after Hoenn where Misty released her Togetic. Curse my lack of foresight! D:<)

Anyway, hope you enjoy the reappearance of Togetic. I know I don't draw it enough (as its current form or Togepi) and that's mostly due to the fact that the last time I saw Misty in the show, she had Azurill. So, to draw her with Togepi/Togetic would be referring to her past appearances and not her potential present. I know it shouldn't matter either way but I actually don't even really think about when I draw. ^_^;;

Art © Hakui-Kitsune
Misty & Togetic © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, GameFreak Inc, OLM Inc, The Pokémon Company (& International), & Pokémon USA

No comments:

Post a Comment