Sunday, October 11, 2015

Kiliel Week

At the beginning of this month (specifically the first 7 days), there was a fan-run celebration on Tumblr called 'Kiliel Week'. It was to honor and enjoy the pairing of Kíli and Tauriel from the Hobbit movies. It was announced back in the beginning of September and through my Tumblr dashboard I found out about it then, and subsequently decided to participate. Despite my procrastination during that month, I was able to finish with 2 days to spare, and these drawings are the result! (Initially, I planned to post this a lot sooner but again, procrastination. ^_^;; )




If you want to see them individually and with a less obtrusive watermark, click here for all my Kiliel Week posts.

So, Day 1 was "What made you ship it?/What was the first moment you shipped it?" and mine was the actual first moment Kíli and Tauriel met. The way he looked at her after the immediate danger was taken care of, I was down for it. XD

Day 2 was "Headcanons." I don't have much at all because I'm more of a 'revel in the canon' kind of person. Not saying I have no imagination (though that can be argued) nor love other people's imaginings, just that I never really think about it. ^_^;;

Day 3 was "What's your favorite Kiliel moment?" which for me was hands down the Amrâlimê scene in BotFA. Not only did it tug at my heartstrings so hard but it was so beautifully acted. Aidan Tuner and Evangeline Lilly were amazingly believable in it and I cannot get enough of that scene. (Now if only a certain blondie didn't shove him presence into it. >_>)

Day 4 was "Kiliel Music." Meaning if there are songs that you relate to Kiliel or anything music and Kiliel related, that's what you put for Day 4. For me, I made a fan playlist of songs that remind me of Kiliel. I actually made a list for my tumblr post and put together that playlist on Youtube. So, if you want to get a listen, click here. :)

Day 5 was "Favorite Solo Moment(s)." Doesn't matter which one so long as it was a scene of just Kíli or just Tauriel. I talked about what my favorite solo moments for both in my tumblr post, so let me give a short explanation about why I drew them both drawing their bows. It's actually quite simple. ;) I decided to go for matching. I would've preferred to draw it like bookends (probably flipping Kíli to the left instead) but that would've meant I had to draw everything flipflopped on him and I didn't want to have to do that extra work since I was cutting close on time. So, yeah. ^_^;;

Day 6 was "Favorite AU." Whether it be something simple like 'fix-it/nobody dies' or 'sci-fi/outer space' as long as it's technically an AU, it counts! My personal favorite is modern day reincarnation AU. :) Because while I love the 'fix-it/nobody dies' AU and have seen a lot of really good fics following that idea, I also really love the idea of these characters given a 2nd chance with their family and loved ones in a more peaceful setting. Where the dangers of the wild aren't a big threat to them like in Middle-earth. Also, where they realize that the people and dreams they may have lost then are here now and they can start all over. I just want my babies to be happy~ ;__;

Day 7 was "Freeform," meaning that you could do whatever you want for that day. Fanfiction, fanart, gifset, etc. of anything Kiliel related is fine. There was no specific theme that you had to follow. I chose to draw Kíli and Tauriel laying together... because I had originally drawn it for Day 4. They were going to be listening to an MP3 player of the music I chose but I had a better idea for Day 4 and thus this got pushed to Day 7. It actually didn't come out bad, so I'm happy with the choice. :)

Art © Hakui-Kitsune
Kíli & Tauriel © J.R.R. Tolkien, Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh, Phillipa Boyens, MGM, New Line Cinema, & Warner Bros.

No comments:

Post a Comment