Wednesday, April 25, 2012

001. Introduction



This is the first submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping 100 Theme Challenge.

1. Introduction
For the choice of "introduction" I went with the moment Ash and Misty first met each other, wherein Misty fished him out of a river after he jumped down a waterfall to escape a flock of angry spearow. It can technically not be an introduction since those usually include both parties telling each other their names and a nice 'how-do-you-do' but it still counts since I'd like to think 'introduction' can also mean 'beginning'. Thus, why I chose to draw this as my "introduction."

(Unnecessarily long and overcomplicated description is unnecessarily long and overcomplicated. ^_^;)

So yeah, I have to say something about this submission. I went all out for the start of this theme challenge. I had no reason to, but I thought it would be a nice starting bookend. Which is why you shouldn't expect this level of quality from me for the rest of the theme challenge. Or rather, this level of quality will come back when I hit the end of the theme challenge with the 100th submission. It won't necessarily be the actual 100th theme title, but it will the completing bit to this self-appointed project.

Thus, I hope you all won't be too disappointed when I start doing the other themes and they come up in varying quality (which will definitely not be the same quality as this one) from black and white submissions to flat color submissions. ^_^;

Oh yeah, and just informing you all, I colored the water with the help of a wonderful and simple tutorial by policide. So, if you want to digitally color in water like how I did here, go to the link at the bottom of this description (named "Water Surface Tutorial") and click to start! I highly recommend it! :)

BG Only Version: [link]
No Closeup Version: [link]

Art © Yours Truly, Hakui-Kitsune
Misty, Ash, & Pikachu © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc., OLM Inc., The Pokemon Company (& International), & Pokemon USA
Cloud & Water Splashes Brushes © redheadstock
Water Surface Tutorial © policide
Pokeshipping 100 Theme Challenge © looneytunerian

No comments:

Post a Comment