Thursday, April 26, 2012

074. Piggyback


This is the twenty-first submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping 100 Theme Challenge.

74. Piggyback
Oh my god, the background was just evil to work on because of all the layers I had to use! Ugh! And don't even ask me about the size of this thing as a file nor what its dimensions are! I can only blame myself, though, since I was the one who decided what it was going to look like. I could've chickened out and just make it all sweet and small and whatnot, but no... I decided to go with wide dramatic shot of Misty determined to save an unconscious and hurt Ash while Pikachu sits in safety, worried sick and waiting for their return!

By the way, the katakana underneath Pikachu says "Pikapi... Pikachu Pi..." which, to my knowledge, is how Pikachu says Ash and Misty's names. If you listen to how many and what certain syllables Pikachu uses in the show, you'll notice "pikapi" is used a lot in reference to Ash. More than likely it's because of his Japanese name is "Satoshi" and "pikapi" is pretty close to that. As for "pikachu pi"... I can't tell you much besides the fact that Misty's Japanese name is "Kasumi," and "pikachu pi" could be Pikachu saying, "Kasumi-chan." I'm not really sure, though. It might just be the screenwriters or whoever trying to mix up Pikachu's language so it doesn't all sound the same. Like I said, I have no clue. I just go with "Kasumi-chan" for simplicity's sake. ^_^;;

Oh yeah, the rain was made through a helpful tutorial on deviantART. Just search for rain tutorials (specifically for Photoshop) and you should be able to find it. :nod: That's about all.

Art © Yours Truly, Hakui-Kitsune
Misty, Ash, & Pikachu © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc., OLM Inc., The Pokemon Company (& International), & Pokemon USA
Rain Tutorial © RadenWA
Pokeshipping 100 Theme Challenge © looneytunerian

No comments:

Post a Comment