Thursday, April 26, 2012

067. Ash & Misty as Pikachu



This is the tenth submission for my attempt at looneytunerian's Pokeshipping 100 Theme Challenge.

67. Ash & Misty as Pikachu
I enjoyed making this drawing just because I knew that I was going to try and max the cuteness level as far as possible. XD And only with Ash & Misty as Pikachu at that.
The idea for the final draft to be completely drawn & colored with colored pencils started as soon as I had the poses planned. I thought to myself, "this would look good in colored pencil. It would make it not as solid and harsh as digital drawing... or something like that." ^__^;; The colors also came out much more vibrant than what they look like on paper, but that could be attributed to color level adjusting in Photoshop. It's much easier to make things brighter or darker with a computer program than with traditional supplies. That's been my experience, anyway. :)
Oh yeah, the pose for this can remind you of something, can't it? XD I wasn't trying for it - since what I was trying to show was Misty's playful nature and silliness with Ash trying to not feel awkward around her - but another animal couple comes to mind, no? I think it's just that I like to see the girl take the reigns in the relationship more often, especially if the girl is aggressive to begin with and Misty is definitely a prime example of such. :)
I think what Ash is saying is something like, "hey, Misty, that's not how it's supposed to go!" or "how'd you do that?!" or "I thought I was supposed to be on top this time!" XP I don't know, you can fill in with your own dialogue here, it doesn't matter.

If you want to know what colored pencils I used, it's Prismacolor Pencils. However, just because I used a certain brand doesn't mean those are the only ones that can produce satisfying results. You should use whatever you can afford and be imaginative with how you use them! Crayola colored pencils are just as good! They're my favorite in fact, though it's mostly due to nostalgia. XD But yeah, buy what you can afford, folks, just because it's a brand name and expensive doesn't mean it's the best. You're the only one can do that. :)

Wow, this description is pretty small compared to what I usually produce. 0.0;; I think it's because I don't have many big thoughts for this one.

Art © Yours Truly, Hakui-Kitsune
Misty, Ash & the Pikachu species © Satoshi Tajiri, Nintendo, Gamefreak Inc., OLM Inc., The Pokemon Company (& International), & Pokemon USA
Pokeshipping 100 Theme Challenge © looneytunerian

No comments:

Post a Comment